Web based bill of materials (BOM) management software that's integrated to work with Excel, but fortified by a database!
Many companies use Excel for bill of material (BOM) management because it’s flexible, easy to use and it’s a widely adapted tool that’s convenient for sharing files. As part of the Microsoft Partner Network we love Excel and we think it’s great for a lot of things, but BOM management isn’t one of them. Q-It is the ultimate bill of materials management solution, because it's integrated with Excel so it offers all of the benefits, but it's fortified by a Microsoft SQL Database to seamlessly manage all of the additional relationships with much better version controls.
There are a number of valuable benefits associated with a web based bill of materials (BOM) management system, such as: improved communication and team collaboration, robust engineering change management, better data integrity and information access, just to name a few.
If you’re considering a bill of materials management software solution; we encourage you to fill out the form on the right to schedule a no cost, no obligation Introduction Meeting and Demo. If you’re not ready to call or set an appointment, no problem; we have some free (and funny) suggestions that we hope hope you find helpful on the journey to finding the right bill of materials management system:
- Web / Cloud / Online – If you’re considering anything else it’s probably best to stick with the hammer and chisel.
- Trial – If the vendor doesn't offer the opportunity to cost effectively pilot the software before making the full purchase; our advice is to run!!!
- Vision – You have to know where you’re going…..a BOM management system is usually only part of the puzzle, not the end game. Don’t fall into the trap of buying a single purpose tool.
- Cost – We didn’t think you would forget this. We wanted to remind you to include the total cost, including implementation. If BOM software is difficult to learn after a 1-2 day trial; or if it requires you to re-learn fundamental things a whole new way, don’t underestimate the impact to your organization and the total cost of the learning curve.
- Other – Make sure it fits your core business; whatever that is. It should scale easily, so you can start small with the ability to add features and users as appropriate, after benefits and potential return on investment have been verified. Lastly, don’t sign up for long term commitments or allow your company to get locked in by penalties; those days are over and you need to keep options open.
If you want to know what makes the Q-It Bill of Materials Management software system better than all of the other solutions on the market, click to receive our white paper that allows you to learn more about our secret sauce (click).
Thank you for your interest in Intertwine and Q-It.
Want more information?
bill of materials management software, mrp bill of materials, material inventory management software, cloud-based bill of materials software, supply chain management software vendors, bom online software tool, parts manufacturing, bill of materials (bom) software solutions for parts/components, excel-based bill of material management software for team project collaboration, web-based, easy-to-use bill of material software, free demo
Introduction Meeting and Demo Request
Sign-Up to Receive our Free Monthly Newsletter and Blog Posts
(We respect your privacy and will never share your contact information.)